Nursing Faculty, Graduate - School of Nursing (F423)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Nursing Faculty, Graduate
Position Tracking Number: F423
School/College: School of Nursing
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: The School of Nursing invites applications for Full-time faculty positions in various programs. The School offers the following programs: MSN including a variety of nurse practitioner and clinical nurse specialist tracks, post-MSN certificates, DNP, and PhD.
Successful candidates will offer the following:
- A commitment to excellence in teaching, clinical practice, and research
- Awareness of healthcare dynamics and changing nursing roles
- Active engagement in Curriculum and Program development
- Desire and ability to maintain an active research program
- Enthusiastic advising /mentoring of students in coursework, research, and professional practice
- Participate in program review and accreditation reporting
- Participate in faculty governance
- Maintain active role in NP or CNS clinical specialization
- Generate creative ways of teaching and supporting learners
- Skilled in utilizing a variety of teaching methods
- Model a passion for learning and excellence in classroom and clinical settings
- Assist students to achieve competence in practice
Specialization: Clinical specialization in advanced practice.
Responsibilities: This position will develop and teach graduate courses and contribute to the teaching and scholarship. Applicants should include evidence of high-quality teaching and also show potential for active research.
- May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
- Earned doctorate from accredited university in Nursing or closely related discipline. May consider Masters with extensive advanced practice clinical experience
- Active California Registered Nurse license or eligible to acquire
- Advanced practice nurses and those with a background in Genomics/Epigenomics, Vulnerable Populations/Health Disparities research, global nursing and healthcare, and those with an interest in Spirituality and Health are strongly encouraged to apply
Experience: Professional expertise and experience commensurate with specific position requirements.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.