The Administrative Assistant position assists the admission team in enhancing the prospective student experience. Responsibilities include greeting visitors, providing quality data entry, customer service and visitor relations as well as supporting all prospective student campus visits, appointments and tours with counselors, faculty, tour guides and coaches. The Admissions Assistant may serve as the initial contact and information resource for prospective students, applicants, and admitted students.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and various Ellucian Databases in the daily performance of duties.
- Provide backup clerical and coverage support to the Admissions Staff
- E-mail correspondence/documents as directed by the Admissions Staff
- Assist various College departments with special projects as requested/approved by the Admissions Staff
- Answer phone and email inquiries
- Work with and manage student workers
- Process recruiting mailings using mail merge, etc.
- Perform application processing duties
- Assist admission counselors with marketing and recruiting initiatives
- Prepare and maintain office records to comply with College requirements and/or government regulations
- Proofread, edit, and prepare correspondence, reports, and other materials, when necessary
- Organize files efficiently and to facilitate quick access to records
- Attend on-campus departmental recruiting events as needed
- Perform related duties as required
- Participates in day-to-day activities of Admissions Staff
- Represent Admissions Staff at college events as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of confidentiality required in all activities.
- High school diploma.
- Previous office experience and/or Associates degree a plus.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Must be punctual, outgoing, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as work with multiple departments and personalities
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and communication skills. Customer Service oriented.
Qualified candidates may send Resume, cover letter and three professional references to Steven Bourgault, Associate Director of Human Resources at email@example.com
Apply for Administrative Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly