Recruitment Associate, Executive Search Group
Working Title: Recruitment Associate, Executive Search Group
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of the President
Posting Date: 05-10-2018
The Executive Search Group & Strategic Resourcing (ESG) is an internal search department in the Office of the President and is seeking a dynamic individual to be a Recruiting Associate. The Recruiting Associate helps support the recruitment, screening and hiring of executive and managerial level candidates. ESG acts as "bridge builders," working across the Schools to seek synergies and opportunities to combine talent and resources. As UVA employees ourselves, the success we enjoy is based on understanding the uniqueness of each position and candidate as well as finding an exceptionally mutual fit.
The University has launched an exciting strategic plan, the Cornerstone Plan, to prepare the institution for its bicentennial and its third century of excellence in higher education. One of the priorities in the plan is to recruit and develop the next generation of faculty and staff to lead the University in the years ahead. This position helps support this strategic priority.
The Recruiting Associate will:
- Conduct thorough research; assist in building diverse candidate pools through extensive outreach.
- Assist in prescreening potential candidates, draft interview questions, plan and organize various phases of the interview process, draft offer letters, assist recruiters with reference and background checks.
- Prepare meeting materials; arrange meetings for search committees, reserve meeting space, order catering, take minutes.
- Utilize applicant-tracking system to maintain and update candidate information.
- Post position advertisements to pre-determined sourcing channels.
- Maintain complete records and accurate documentation for audit and quality control purposes and management reporting.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure the highest level of service with ESG candidates, school/departmental representatives and hiring officials, and colleagues.
- Schedule candidate phone/video and on-grounds interviews; coordinate travel and hotel arrangements; document candidates' travel expense reimbursements.
- Provide credible and helpful advice and counsel to candidates and users or potential users of ESG services and other customers.
- Effectively represents ESG at external functions such as job fairs, community agency meetings, etc.
- Promotes UVA as an "Employer of Choice".
For more information regarding the Executive Search Group, please visit: https://executivesearch.virginia.edu/
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
2. Demonstrated excellence in building and maintaining positive working relationships;
3. Ability to project a positive, knowledgeable and helpful image to customers;
4. Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and detailed records;
5. Ability to accomplish many detail-oriented tasks simultaneously;
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and proactively on an independent basis;
7. Demonstrated competency in using the computer as a resource tool to track and monitor data, to create management reports, and to create letters, documents and recruitment or informational materials as needed.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84584