Business Officer - Campus Life & Inclusive Excellence
Working with the Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence Director of Budget and Planning, this position assists in the management of all phases of the financial, operational, and human resource management processes for assigned areas in the division. This position is responsible for assisting with accounting and administrative activities related to the financial operations and payroll, for the assigned areas. It also requires an ability to learn, apply and enforce complex policies and laws to ensure compliance from all members of CLIE across various areas including human resources, accounting, legal, financial aid and recruiting. Additionally, this position assists in developing policy and procedures within CLIE to promote an efficient and productive work environment. This position reports directly to the Director of Budget and Planning for the Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence Division. Position will have interaction with vendors, students, and other university staff.
- Responsible for assigned areas current year forecasting and future year budget development
- Provide ongoing support for the assigned areas of the division regarding financial and budget issues
- Responsible for all direct pays, journal entries, contracts, purchases orders, invoices and requisitions
- Gift and Endowment financial management
- Responsible for assigned aspects of payroll functions and hiring processes for assigned areas of the division.
- Serve as one of the HR Liaisons for the division
Administration and Supplemental Support
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination or education and experience
- 2 years full time experience in general office experience, with at least 1 year of working with payroll, human resources issues, or financial data
- Demonstrated experience in planning, prioritizing and organizing work in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, time management, and multi-tasking skills - attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Experience creating and maintaining complex and confidential filing systems
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as demonstrated in past experience through tangible examples throughout the job responsibilities
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and written communications skills. Computer literacy and advanced proficiency in Microsoft software applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Master's Degree or J.D
- 5 years full time experience in general office experience, with at least 2 years of working with payroll, human resources issues, or financial data. 1 year experience administrative experience in a College or University setting
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with, divisional and university policies and procedures. Have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff of the University as well as the general public and vendors to the University
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) May 28, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. For questions about the application process, please contact