IRB Panel Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board
Office of Regulatory Compliance
Job Title: IRB Panel Coordinator
Position #652139 - Requisition #12754
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Read more about us here.
COMIRB has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) IRB Panel Coordinator position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support of research activities. Functions include contracts and grants solicitation and administration, grant/agreement preparation, review and negotiation, regulatory compliance, sponsor communication and post and pre award management, human subject compliance, research animal management, research laboratory coordination and instruction, environmental health and safety, radiation control, hazardous materials use, disposal and training.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and Development capacity.
The IRB Panel Coordinator will oversee the work flow to ensure that the Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board (COMIRB) conducts reviews of submitted human subject research applications in accordance with federal requirements, COMIRB policies and procedures and accreditation standards. Specifically, the IRB Panel Coordinator will work with personnel in all areas of the submission and review process to ensure appropriate preview of all protocols applications and consent forms; plan COMIRB panel meetings, synthesize meeting reports and ensure that meeting reports are completed in accordance with federal requirements and COMIRB policies and procedures; database entry and generating written feedback letters to investigators; and provide support to faculty and research staff on research submissions, training requirements, and up-dated processing procedures.
This is a full-time position with minimum work hours of 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
What we require:
- A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration, healthcare, business administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis. A master's degree in science or a related field will substitute for the bachelor's degree.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- This is a full-time position with minimum work hours of 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday
- PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Experience working with Institutional Review Boards or OHRP/FDA regulations regarding human subject research
- Certified IRB Manager (CIM) or Certified IRB Professional (CIP) qualifications
- Experience with research and/or health care
- Experience in an academic setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Working knowledge of Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations for human subject research
- Knowledge of higher educational and/or research environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and organize multiple projects or tasks
- Comprehensive computer skills and ability to work with complex databases
- Ability to effectively support the panel team and contribute to working groups, staff meetings, and other committees as assigned
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The hiring range for this position has been established at $41,374 to $47,476 and is commensurate with skills and experience
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
- The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60068 - ADM-VCR COMIRB
Posting Date: May 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Katie Sellers
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00652139