Revenue Cycle/Clinical Practice Program Director
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Emergency Medicine
Revenue Cycle/Clinical Practice Program Director (Health Care Program Director)
Position #740072 - Requisition 13571
The Department of Emergency Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Revenue Cycle/Clinical Practice Program Director (Health Care Program Director) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for an Revenue Cycle/Clinical Practice Program Director. This full-time, University Staff (unclassified) position will provide high quality, creative, and solutions oriented financial support as well as make recommendations at the strategic and operational levels to the Chair and Director of Finance and Administration (DFA). This position will be faced with multiple priorities as well as difficult situations. This position will require that the Rev Cycle/Clinical Practice Program Director be flexible, adaptive and able to articulate thoughts and explanations to those with varying levels of understanding in Finance and Budgeting. Utilizing available resources, this position will investigate discrepancies and incorporate feedback to ensure accurate financial reporting. This position will verify transactions and detail posted to the GL. Position will be crucial in detecting and correcting accounting errors.
Examples of Work Performed:
Finance/Clinical Revenue Cycle Management:
- Prepare regular reporting for the Vice Chair, Finance & Administration and Chair.
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration across a broad spectrum of analytical and modeling efforts, including:
- Model, research, and analyze underpinning current programs and emerging program opportunities.
- Contribute to the buildout of multi-year financial models and new executive financial reporting.
- Forecast and regularly update expectations on the college's financial position, including tuition adjustments, new programs, new revenue models, changes within key expense categories, etc.
- Lead the design and development of standardized operational, management, and ad hoc reports, and work with the campus community to understand reporting needs and identify potential college-wide solutions.
- Guide and manage the daily operations of the department to include customer service and support to staff.
- Reconcile financials from multiple entities (CU Medicine, UCD and DHHA) and create and maintain one consolidated budget vs actual database for all department accounts on a monthly basis.
- Manage and direct annual department incentive plan, including monthly collection of all faculty data regarding individual performance.
- Manage all service agreements in the department. Review agreements for cost effectiveness and develop budgets to ensure cost reimbursement exceeds costs for all agreement. Negotiate with sponsor for budget consideration.
- Develop, operate and oversee management reporting for the department.
- Develop departmental tax allocation process on all clinical and contract income.
- Prepare cost studies for all service center accounts. Conduct cost-benefit analysis to determine the best allocation methodology for overhead costs.
Clinical Financial Management:
- Partner with Vice Chair, Finance & Administration to support optimum patient flow and cycle times.
- Analyze staffing mix to meet department needs.
- Track the flow of patient billing through CU Medicine.
- Work with Vice Chair, Finance & Administration to manage clinical FTE for all faculty.
- Utilize and integrate data from multiple financial clinical and financial databases and software applications.
- Provide leadership and support for revenue cycle operations to enhance the patient experience and improve operational and financial performance.
- Manage patient services and/or coding functions to ensure performance and workflow metrics are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $72,620 - $95,132 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or finance from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of management-level experience.
- Two (2) years of fiscal management experience.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office Products especially in Access and Excel.
- Master's degree in accounting, business administration or finance from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with fund accounting.
- Experience with standard accounting policies and procedures.
- Higher education accounting experience.
- Higher education budget management, modeling and forecasting.
- Experience working with clinical data.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a high degree of technical skills in fiscal management, knowledge of accounting and business practices, including knowledge and use of accounting software packages.
- Knowledge of various CU, CU Medicine, UCH and University policies, rules and regulations pertaining to financial matters.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Ability to tolerate a high degree of ambiguity yet work effectively to fulfill the mission, goals and objectives of the department.
- Knowledge of standard accounting practices.
- Knowledge of fund accounting.
- Excellent skills and ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal format, with a variety of people, including faculty and administrators, staff and affiliates.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, identify and set priorities for self and others, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively explain processes and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the University in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong commitment to the team approach.
- Ability to understand complex systems and guide other personnel with regard to their use.
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong work ethic and commitment to high standards.
- Strong financial management and ability to manage funds from a variety of sources.
- Solid understanding of budget development and management.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and interpret vast amounts of data, recommend solutions and implement the preferred course of action.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Frances Schulz at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 24, 2018. Those who do not apply by May 24, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: May 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00740072