Proposal Support Engineer
The Proposal Support Engineer will coordinate and support proposal development efforts at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics. This role will work closely with the Proposal Manager and the Proposal Capture Leads, Principal Investigators and Technical Teams to advance mission and instrument concepts for assessment by LASP leadership and submission in response to opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and support technical proposal development efforts
• Work closely with Proposal Capture Leads, Principal Investigators, and Technical Teams in support of proposal development efforts
• Participate in the advancement of early proposal concepts to be assessed by lab leadership
• Track and report on progress of LASP proposal concept developments
• Guide concepts through the proposal lifecycle.
• Coordinate and lead routine meetings to status and advance concepts through the initial LASP proposal development cycle
• Develop template of common proposal technical sections
• Track and coordinate NDAs, TAs, Consulting Agreements, and other contract/subcontract commitments associated with proposal development
• Evaluate internally and externally proposal compliance requirements to ensure proposal completeness
• Applicant must have strong team leadership skills, the ability to work independently, and good organization and project management skills.
Education and Years of Experience:
• B.A./B.S. Degree in engineering or applied sciences (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum 1 year experience in aerospace industry
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal with stress on articulating and writing effectively
• Ability to work across functional and other organizational boundaries
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience working in Aerospace environments (Class 8 (level 10,000) cleanroom environment with ESD sensitive hardware...)
• Experience with configuration management
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to immediately work well with any team
• Capture and/or proposal experience developing detailed technical proposals
• Federal contracting acquisition and proposal processes knowledge
• Experience in project management and systems engineering
• Experience with mission, spacecraft, and/or instrument development
• Experience with environmental testing
• Experience providing cost and schedule inputs
• Experience on NASA programs
• Experience with large proposal efforts for government
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment admissions, and educational programs. Inquires may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter 2 - Curriculum Vitae This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: May 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00745858