Custodian I - 2nd shift
Elgin Community College
Custodian I - 2nd shift
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Perform general custodial duties and setups. Assist with projects such as cleaning of new construction and remodeling jobs.
1. Perform custodial tasks in various areas of campus buildings. Sweep, mop, rinse, strip and wax floors; maintain restrooms; empty trash; vacuum carpets and clean windows.
2. Operate mechanical custodial equipment such as sweepers, floor scrubbers, buffers, shampooers, moving equipment, snow blowers, etc.
3. Clean light fixtures and lenses when necessary.
4. Assist grounds department with snow removal of walks and building entrances and discard miscellaneous waste around exterior of buildings and courtyards.
5. Assist facility events with custodial coverage as needed.
6. Assist in special cleaning and moving projects due to building renovations and new construction.
7. Clean biohazard waste, when necessary, utilizing proper sanitary and health safety precautions and procedures.
8. Lock and unlock buildings and classrooms per college's schedule of events.
1. One year previous custodial experience.
2. Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions and manuals.
3. A valid driver's license.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52482
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.