Internship and Capstone Project Coordinator - College of Engineering Administration (MEng) ( A18002
Internship and Capstone Project Coordinator
Engineering Administration (MEng)
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Engineering Administration at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking applicants for the position of Internship and Capstone Project Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director of Graduate Programs, this position is responsible for identifying internships and coordinating capstone projects across the various MEng curricula. This position is associated with the Center for Professional and Executive Training and Education and integrated with the College of Engineering Office of Graduate, Professional and Online Programs. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Career Services to learn about employers interested in Engineering students for internships. Connect with those companies to help match their needs with our MEng students to complete their professional development requirement.
- Prepare and conduct informational sessions for MEng students to learn about internship opportunities and the process to secure an internship. Ensure that international students meet the requirements for ENG 510 and are eligible to participate in a curricular practical training opportunity.
- Coordinate capstone projects for the professional development component of the MEng degree programs. Match students with correct faculty based on available projects to enhance the students technical skills in their field of study.
- Assist faculty members running capstone project courses to connect with industry partners to assign current industry projects to students.
- Coordinate opportunities with industry partners through skype meetings, in-person meetings and occasional recruitment events for their employees to continue their education to earn their master's degree through our online MEng degree programs.
- Collaborate with the Recruitment and Marketing Coordinator to prepare and maintain the necessary marketing materials to promote opportunities to both MEng students and industry partners.
- Facilitate and coordinate various on-campus events to connect MEng students with industry partners.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Education Administration, Business, Human Resources, or related field.
• 2 years of experience in a professional setting
• Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and develop priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills (ability to work with students and faculty from diverse background) and demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
• Proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and web maintenance programs.
• Minimum of three to five years' experience with progressive responsibility in a corporate or university setting.
• Experience working with international graduate students or executives.
• Familiarity with graduate program policy and procedures.
The Internship and Capstone Project Coordinator position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by 5/24/2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Abby Drewes, [email protected], 217-244-7583.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Internship and Capstone Project Coordinator - College of Engineering Administration (MEng) ( A1800291 )
Open Date: 05/10/2018
Close Date: 05/24/2018
Organization Name: Engineering Administration