International Student and Scholar Adviser
The International Student and Scholar Adviser maintains relationships college wide, providing advisement and support to departments and programs with international service needs. They act as an adviser to international faculty, students and their families to ensure they remain compliant with immigration regulations and are connected to the support services needed to successfully complete their program at Bard College. Additionally, this position stays current with immigration trends and regulation changes serving as the liaison between the Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, SEVIS/SEVP and the College.
- Serve as a Responsible Officer (RO), overseeing J-1 Cultural Exchange program and Designated School Official (DSO) to support F1 program.
- Advise F-1 and J-1 students and scholars regarding academic support resources, cultural adjustment issues, personal and family concerns, emergency situations, college and community resources and compliance with F-1 and J-1 regulations.
- Communicate with college departments and the international student and scholar community to support institutions understanding of compliance with government regulations.
- Develop and present immigration workshops, programs, and activities related to government regulations, tax responsibilities, cultural adjustment, and intercultural competency
- Develop and maintain print and website information and forms.
- Outreach within the Bard community, departments, and offices to promote awareness of the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (OISSS) and the services provided to international students and scholars.
- Interpret J-1 and F-1 regulations and develop institutional policies and procedures.
- Maintain SEVIS database and ensure compliance for new and continuing students and scholars.
- Complete annual reports for Department of State.
- Serve as liaison to Human Resources, Dean of College, Dean of Graduate School, Bard Graduate Center, Bard College Early High Schools, Fisher Center, and other college programs/departments as needed, with international hires.
- Advise on employment visa options and requirements.
- Serve as Program Coordinator for Foreign Language Exchange Tutor Program.
- Supervise graduate assistant/foreign language exchange tutor activities coordinator.
- Oversee, in coordination with international adviser, budget for OISSS.
- Oversee, in coordination with Dean of the College, FLET program budget.
- Maintain membership with NAFSA professional organization.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, a resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/50720
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who will contribute to our diversity.