Research Specialist I
Requisition # 2018-8769
Department Health Services
Category Health Services
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Research Specialist participates in a 2 year study assessing clinical measures of concussion in men's and women's varsity athletes. The primary focus of the research is to prospectively assess the natural history of concussion in male and female athletes using clinical measures including symptoms, cognitive function and postural stability and psychological health. Assessments will be made at baseline, and at specific time intervals post-injury.
University Health Services (UHS) at Princeton University is a fully accredited (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, or “AAAHC”) health care facility. Located in the McCosh Health Center, the Caldwell Field House, and Dillon Gym, UHS provides comprehensive health services to more than 7,500 Princeton undergraduate and graduate students, and specialized services to Princeton University faculty, staff, and employees who experience work-related injuries and illnesses, or who require consultations regarding international and travel medicine.
Clinical Care (40%)
- Aides in baseline and post-injury clinical assessments
- Performs sideline concussion assessment testing, and administers neuropsychological testing utilizing clinical measures including symptoms, cognitive function, postural stability, and psychological health.
Administrative Support (60%)
- Helps with recruitment of varsity men and women varsity athletes
- Describes study design to athletes and other interested parties
- Enters data into a secure database
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in psychology, health sciences, kinesiology, neuroscience, biomechanics or a related field.
- Experience conducting behavioral research.
- Experience in any of the research assessments (e.g. neuropsychological testing, clinical assessments).
- Have an interest in concussion research
- CPR and AED certification
- Familiarity with statistics and experience with programming in Matlab or similar software
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.