Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-11-2018
The purpose of this position is to support the dean of the College of Education and to assist with the planning and execution of college-wide events related to community, friends, and alumni building, including information dissemination. In addition to the outreach and events support, this position will retain responsibility for supporting the College Faculty Status Committee (and related personnel matters) and the work of the College Council.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any one or combination of the following types of preparation that totals 1.0 unit according to the conversion rates below:
(a) work experience performing duties at the Chief Clerk level or in positions of comparable responsibility
(b) work experience performing duties at the Staff Clerk level or in other positions of comparable responsibility.
- 4 years of "a" = 1.0 unit
- 2 years of "b" = 1.0 unit
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Excellent working knowledge of the University procedures related to purchasing, events scheduling, parking, renting, clerical, and ASPT procedures.
2. Ability to perform work with diplomacy, accuracy, and thoroughness, and the ability to see the big picture relative to events planning; arrange and assign tasks so that purposes are achieved.
3. Ability to relate well with external constituencies and provide excellent information services to students, administrators, and faculty.
4. Well organized and capable of assuming intense responsibilities for planning, coordinating, and implementing program activities related to events planning.
5. Have a commitment to Illinois State University and have high standards for the completion of tasks and work.
6. Basic skills using the following computer programs: desktop publishing, electronic calendar management, student and personnel databases, email, and Microsoft productivity software (local and cloud-based).
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.