Specialist - Hunt Laboratory
Open May 10th, 2018 through June 30th, 2018
A specialist position (research technician) is available in the laboratory of Robert Hunt at University of California, Irvine. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work independently in a collaborative team effort. Primary job responsibilities will include work with mutant mouse models; e.g., animal surgeries, behavior assays, brain slice preparation and immunostaining; laboratory management; e.g., animal colonies, protocols; assist in the generation and use of new molecular biology tools; e.g., viral vectors; reprogramming, maintenance and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) lines. The successful candidate(s) will play an important role in our studies on nervous system development, epilepsy and stem cells.
Learn more about our research program at http://www.roberthuntlab.org.
Requirements: The successful candidate(s) will have a BS, MS, or equivalent degree with proficiency in basic lab techniques and excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Prior research experience relevant to our lab interests in neuroscience, stem cell biology, molecular biology or another area relevant to our lab interests is highly desirable.
To apply: Please visit the UC Irvine RECRUIT website located at:
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 2-3 references
- Research Statement - Describe prior experience, future goals, and address how you think you can contribute to the overall research direction of the Hunt laboratory
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
2-3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now