Posting Date May 10, 2018
Position Title Benefits Coordinator
Vacancy # TEMP#051018
Department Human Resources
Division Human Resources
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Benefits, Leave Management & Workers Compensation the Benefits Coordinator performs administrative support of the day-to-day operations for overseeing, health, prescription, dental, pension, ACA, retirement benefits, COBRA, Leave of Absence, ADA, and Workers Compensation programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers the day to day operation of employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, COBRA, ADA, ACA, LOA, life insurance, pension, and wellness benefits.
- Tracks, communicates and processes enrollments for individuals offered coverage in compliance with the Affordable Care Act.
- Prepares and set up Employee Benefits workshops designed to help employees obtain information and understand the benefits and other related incentive programs.
- Serves as liaison between employees and State to resolved benefit related issues.
- Audits internal and external system reports to ensure employee and dependent status for accurate benefit elections, eligibility, deductions, coverage, and verifies for accuracy. Maintains open communication with the Payroll Department to ensure specified deadlines are met.
- Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Manages vision benefit reimbursement program including verifying eligibility, reviewing supporting documentation and requesting reimbursement through payroll.
- Assists in conducting new hire orientations, annual open enrollment and maintains and update benefits orientation materials.
- Manages workflow to ensure all employees on leave payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least three years of employee benefits related administration experience.
- Working experience with pertinent federal and state regulations affecting employee benefit programs, including OSHA, COBRA, ACA, FMLA, NJFLA, ADA
- Working experience in administering benefits.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Working experience with State system (MBOS, PMIS, EPIC) and proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION