META Lab Project Specialist (1)
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
META Lab Project Specialist (1)
Posting Number: S01066
Benefits Eligible?: No
Hiring Minimum: $21.75/hour
Band/Level: Specialist 2
Location: MIIS at Monterey Main Campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
The META Lab Project Specialist (1) position was created to improve and complete the work that has been undertaken on the two-year Salinas Police and Community Relations (Salinas PCR) evaluation project. This position requires completion or near-completion of an advanced degree (Master's or equivalent). Work involves leading, planning, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of the project analyses and reports. Three reports and a web interface will be created. Under the direction of the META Lab Director, the two (2) META Lab Project Specialists are primarily responsible for seeing to the completion of the Salinas PCR project, maintenance of client relations, maintenance and final analyses of project data, working with student colleagues, and office management. This is a full-time, temporary staff position.
Essential functions for these positions ultimately involve the management of the META Lab's ongoing Salinas PCR project.
These functions include:
• Leading the project team in completing and consolidating qualitative analytics
• Completing any remaining analyses of project data, both qualitative and quantitative
• Assigning work functions to the project team
• Leading or training Graduate Research Assistants for these activities - as necessary
• Maintaining client relations, acquisition and analyses of any data that are still incoming from Salinas
• Planning further analytic and presentation work for the project
• Monitoring progress to project completion (scheduled for completion on July 29, 2018)
• Reviewing analytic and written work of project team for accuracy and consistency
• Client relations (e.g., regular scheduled meetings with client organizations).
• Scheduling, monitoring, and coordinating between META Lab staff, Research Assistants, and visiting personnel for the purpose of furthering the Salinas PCR project
• This role consist of advanced responsibility while allowing for consulting and coordinating with the Lab Director as the need arises
• Other day-to-day project management activities include curating and maintaining the secure database, and tracking all data usage
• Fellows may have the opportunity to co-author academic and professional manuscripts
• The scope and depth of each of these duties will be determined in consultation with the META Lab Director.
Because META Lab Project Specialists are required to hold advanced analytic skills and leadership experience in the lab, it is expected that specialists will create opportunities to pass on their experience to the next cohort of META Lab RAs.
The Research Fellow position requires the attainment (or 99% completion) of a Master's degree, preferably with specialized experience or training in research methods, statistics, field research, network analysis, program evaluation, and qualitative data analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Competency in the following areas:
• Quantitative research methods
• Statistical analysis
• Network analysis
• Ethnographic research
• Program evaluation
• Field research
• R statistical language
• Spanish/English bilingual
• Ability to lead and manage research projects
• Ability to train and manage research teams
• Complete, or nearly complete Master's degree
• Intimate knowledge in and of the evaluation project the META Lab is conducting on Police and Community Relations
• Ability to interface with Police and City personnel
Specialized experience in research and analysis fields required. It is especially important for research fellows to have worked with and be sensitive to the handling and treatment of sensitive data and sensitive populations. In particular, we are seeking those with experience in the Police and Community Relations evaluation that the lab is in the process of concluding.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act. The position requires moderate-to-heavy physical exertion.
Essential job functions require ability to sit for extended periods of time, walk, bend, climb, push/pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally. Also requires fine dexterity and ability to grasp, i.e. for writing and word processing/data entry.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete an online application and all required documents including 2 reference letters. If you do not have reference letters, please attach documents with reference contact information.
Apply now: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/17319
1. Resume/C V