Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number: S01064
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Hiring Minimum: $23.08/hour
Band/Level: Specialist 2
Location: MIIS at Monterey Main Campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
Under the supervision of the Director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Program, the Research Associate will conduct research on East Asia's nonproliferation, arms control, and disarmament efforts. The researcher will also investigate new methods of open source information gathering to measure capabilities and verify treaties. The Research Associate will maintain East Asia Nonproliferation Program (EANP) records and keep projects on time and on budget. This is a full-time position of 37.5 hrs/week lasting until May 18, 2019 based in Monterey.
• Process and analyze satellite imagery for publication on a website.
• Manage large contact lists and provide support and technical assistance to experts.
• Facilitate webinars and outreach to nonproliferation community.
• Draft and publish reports on research findings.
• Assist in grant proposal, management, and reporting.
Other duties as assigned.
MA degree related to nonproliferation, or similar.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of nonproliferation and disarmament of WMD and delivery systems.
• Experience working on international security in East Asia, with a focus on the Korean Peninsula.
• Knowledge and experience in ground and satellite imagery analysis, 3D modeling, GIS, and other geospatial analysis, as well as network and other data analysis.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Korean and/or Chinese language.
2+ years of experience in East Asia and data analysis research. Experience working with ground and satellite imagery processing, GIS, and modeling software such as: ArcGIS, ENVI, SketchUp, Photoshop, Tableau, and Excel.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act. Position requires light to moderate physical effort and the ability to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete an online application and all required documents including 2 reference letters. If you do not have reference letters, please attach documents with reference contact information.
Apply now: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/17308
• Cover Letter
• Resume/C V
• Reference Letter 1
• Reference Letter 2
• Additional Document 1