Working Title: Geospatial Developer
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 05-07-2018
The University of Virginia seeks a Geospatial Developer to support the Facilities Management department. The Geospatial Developer supports Facilities Management goal of providing consistent, cost effective, efficient, reliable, and sustainable geospatial systems in support of the University's mission. This position develops geospatial solutions to support customers throughout the University. This position will leverage advanced programming skills to provide design, development, implementation, maintenance and management of geospatial applications through concept, design, and implementation phases. Performs maintenance of back-end operation tasks to ensure currency and optimal performance of the database. Identifies areas of opportunity for workflow improvement, operational efficiency and spatial database improvements. The position supports both desktop and mobile applications. The Geospatial Developer works closely with the Geospatial Project Manager on the strategic direction of geospatial solutions as well as with others on the GES cross-functional teams and projects in support of integrated geospatial solutions.
A bachelors degree is required along with significant coursework in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering or related fields or Formal training in GIS, programming, and relational databases.
The incumbent will be required to have the following experience: 4+ years professional experience in GIS application design, development, and implementation
2. Proficient in geodatabase schema design and implementation
4. Experience building applications that interface with GIS web services, enterprise databases and ArcSDE
5. Able to develop custom web-based GIS applications and widgets using Web AppBuilder, ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online
6. Experience with managing all aspects of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal accounts. The incumbent is also required to have experience with ESRI ArcGIS suite of products,Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
Experience with GIS in a higher education setting is preferred. A PMP OR GISP is also preferred.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.eduand search on Posting Number 0623247.Complete an application, attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. If you have any questions please contact Chris Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.The University of Virginia values diversity in all of its complexity and richness. We are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking and problem solving
2. Knowledge of best practices in designing responsive and intuitive user interfaces for mobile and desktop solutions.
3. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to assess needs and compile system requirements.
4. Ability to accurately interpret maps
5. Knowledge of GIS standards and principles.
6. Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
7. Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.
8. Demonstrated self-organization and time management skills.
9. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
10. Demonstration of progressive leadership abilities
11. Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84561