Help Desk Technician II
This position provides technical support, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software for the entire university. Installing computers, operating systems, and computer components.
- Maintains, troubleshoots printers and copiers.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs computers.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and installs software and peripheral equipment.
- Supports users with a variety of requests including hardware usage, software usage, passwords, access, and other system access.
- Creates documentation for end user consumption to aid in user support.
- Educates end users on various technologies and applications.
- Prepares a variety of regular and special reports.
- Enforces computer usage policy.
- Researches and recommends hardware and software for acquisition.
- Sets up computer and related technology for classes, conferences, and meetings.
- Provide classroom training to staff, faculty, and students on technology related skills.
- Network and server administration to support Helpdesk functions.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment installation and maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of information technology for classroom use.
- Knowledge of software distribution, computer imaging, and general network computer tasks.
- Knowledge of Apple and Windows hardware as well as operating systems and their associated applications.
- Knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office for Apple and Windows operating systems
- Intermediate knowledge of server administration and general networking.
- Management and Supervision.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the provision of customer services to applicants and students.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Helpdesk Manager assigns work in terms of general instructions. This position has a high degree of autonomy and is expected to work independently with minimal supervision. The person in this position may act on behalf of the Helpdesk manager when the Helpdesk manager is on leave.
Guidelines include hardware and software manufacturer guidelines, university computer usage policies, and other university policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied technical duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide Tier II technical support for the university campus and off-site locations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university staff, students, vendors, and members of the public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
There are no direct reports for this position, however, student workers will be assigned from time to time and the person in this position may assume the responsibilities of the Helpdesk manger when that person is on leave.
- High School diploma.
- Five years of related experience required.
- Customer Service attitude and experience.
- Networking experience
- Hardware support and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certifications such as A+, Net+
- Formalized Helpdesk Training
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.