Business Services Principal Professional
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Emergency Medicine
Business Services Principal Professional
Position #3160 - Requisition 13560
The Department of Emergency Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Principal Professional position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Business Services Principal Professional. This full-time, University Staff (unclassified) position will work closely with the HR Manager and Director of Finance and Administration to ensure the successful implementation of all Emergency Medicine Department payroll. This role will work in a self-directed manner with excellent prioritization skills. Individual will need to be mission-driven and a strong advocate for the growth and development of opportunities within the Department.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Works closely with HR Manager on faculty and staff actions impacting payroll.
- Manage payroll functions for all faculty, fellows, students and staff including new employee hires, terminations and transfers.
- Monitor payroll transactions and resolve payroll discrepancies through correcting entries and funding distribution entries.
- Collect and summarize timekeeping information.
- Obtain supervisory approval of discrepancies.
- Ensure the propriety of all payroll transactions in accordance with State, University, CU Medicine and University of Colorado Hospital rules and regulations.
- Enter monthly time collection for bi-weekly and monthly pay cycles.
- Coordinate departmental processes for hand drawn warrants, one-time pays, off-cycle payments and vacation payouts.
- Monitor sick/vacation leave balances for faculty and staff.
- Act as a work lead for administrative support staff (5.00 FTE).
- Manage process for clinical (volunteer) faculty appointments and renewals.
- Communicate closely as needed with faculty and staff in the Department, University Employee Services Department, external entities and affiliates regarding payroll issues.
- Provide payroll support to management, faculty and staff.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Organize and maintain department payroll files (paper and electronic).
- Communicate with students, residents, fellows, faculty and staff as needed.
- Partner with Vice Chair, Finance & Administration on office allocations.
- Manage space planning and execution for staff and faculty.
- Manage all Department IT requests.
- Responsible for oversight of day-to-day operations of the Department.
- Serve as backup for Vice Chair, Finance & Administration in regards to all facilities management tasks.
- Oversee equipment and supply ordering and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $51,200 - $67,072 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business, human resources or health-related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with day-to-day management of administrative operations.
- Five (5) years' of progressive business, HR, and/or health-related experience, which included at least (1) year of management experience.
- Master's degree in a business, human resources or health-related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft HCM.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with University HCM.
- Knowledge of various CU Medicine, UCH and University policies, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with Department and Hospital leadership.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to investigate discrepancies and incorporate feedback to ensure accuracy of payroll reports
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to various situations.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and reasoning ability.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively explain processes and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the University in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Frances Schulz at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 23, 2018. Those who do not apply by May 23, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: May 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00003160