Advancement Support Assistant
University of Colorado Denver
Office of Advancement
Advancement Support Assistant
Position #1182 - Requisition 13555
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Advancement Support Assistant.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The Advancement Support Assistant will be tasked with being the front desk presence and face of the Office of Advancement, to both internal and external customers. This position will perform administrative duties and tasks of substantial variety, which support the administrative work and activities of the Advancement staff and its operations.
The CU Denver Office of Advancement's mission is to advance the University of Colorado Denver by serving as a trusted campus and community resource that inspires alumni pride and private support. The Office of Advancement ensures a bright and promising future for CU Denver through robust engagement, transformative philanthropy and a deep sense of pride in the University.
Examples of Work Performed:
- This position requires a strong front desk presence and willingness to be the face of the Office of Advancement, to both internal and external customers. Full-time front desk coverage to greet, direct and address questions and concerns of visitors in person, via phone and email.
- Provides administrative support functions such as answering and directing phone calls, general triage for the Advancement and Alumni email accounts, sorting and distributing mail, and scheduling conference and solution rooms.
- Performs gift-handling duties as part of the administrative team: Gift acceptance, handling and processing; walk-in gift receipting; processing, verification, and Transmittal Log; and facilitating with daily courier. Requires keen attention to detail, donor confidentiality and adherence to cash and check handling procedures in compliance with university policy.
- Performs updates, fund look up, and EID look up support in Advance (donor database software) for Advancement staff as needed.
- Address, mail, and track birthday cards and first-time donor postcards; completes onboarding scheduling for new hires; coordinates office celebrations; scribe for various team meeting minutes.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of communal office space including lobby and kitchen; keeps inventory on office supplies, external communication documents, and swag.
- Maintains, updates, and disseminates office documents including but not limited to office phone list, email distribution list, anniversary, birthday tracking log, etc.
- Event support as assigned including but not limited to mailing, packaging, event assembly, and prep.
- Other support duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $35,000 to $40,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Two years administrative/front desk/customer service experience.
Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience.
- Professional experience working in non-profit, events, and/or development/fundraising.
- Professional experience processing gifts, including cash handling.
- Experience using donor database software, such as Advance, or a similar software.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, protocol and professionalism; expert knowledge of Business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, develop effective interpersonal relationships, provide superior customer service, and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proven knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet software, email, and internet access software.
- Proven data entry skills with ability to input information accurately; prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Solid knowledge of database management with the ability to query reports, utilize data, and convert programs.
- Solid ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail and solid knowledge of money handling and mathematics.
- Must be a positive and energetic team player who can provide a superior level of customer service.
- Personal computer proficiency required, especially as related to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Nickolas Chabot-Olson, [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application Deadline is Friday, May 25, 2018.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30228 - ADM-CHAN Foundation Denver
Posting Date: May 9, 2018
Closing Date: May 25, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Nickolas Chabot-Olson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00001182