General Labor I
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Job Title: General Labor I
Position #212370 - Requisition #13554
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Read more about us here.
Facilities Management has an opening for a full-time State Classified, General Labor I position
The General Labor I position responds to all campus special events by setting up and tearing down stages, canopies, tables, chairs and other event related equipment. This position is also responsible for disposal service for electronic, furniture and computer equipment.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Set up rooms for special events by coordinating with customers and vendors the set up and tear down of rooms, canopies, tents, stages, placement of tables, chairs, etc. to assure all meetings and events are set up properly and in a timely manner with customers' needs being met or exceeded
- Coordinate with SAM disposal the removal of surplus equipment, computers, electronics and furniture, remove all debris and rubbish, pallets, abandoned furniture and equipment from halls, stairwells, and docks, maintaining a clean and safe facility inside and out
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Special events duties including assist with food catering deliveries, emergency situations response, others
- Participates and assist in emergency based on the magnitude and nature
- Remove snow and ice from loading docks ramps and steps
Salary and Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $2,477-$3,523 / month (non-negotiable)*
- *The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions
- Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- The tasks performed do not require any specific previous education or experience
- However, mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn are required. This position requires the individual to perform physical work involving general tasks including hauling, lifting, moving and digging.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado Driver's License
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and drug test
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies
- Must be willing and able to sit, climb and crawl on an occasional basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to use manual dexterity, eye/hand coordination and near vision on an occasional basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to kneel and reach above shoulders on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to push and pull on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to stand, walk and bend on a constant basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to use far vision, hearing and verbal communication on a constant basis
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including snow, rain, heat, and cold
- Must be willing and able to work with chemicals/solvents
- Must be willing and able to work in areas where you may be exposed to hazardous conditions
- Must be willing and able to operate moving equipment and work around machinery or moving equipment
- Must be willing and able to work around noise/vibrations
- Must be willing and able to work alone, above ground and in small confined spaces
- Must be willing and able to walk on uneven surfaces and climb on scaffolds/ladders
- Must be willing and able to work straight or rotating shifts, weekends and holidays
- Event setup experience, such as setup, tear down of rooms, canopies, tents, stages, placement of tables, chairs, etc..
- Customer service experience
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Physical abilities
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until May 23rd, 2018. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours worked per week as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60103 - ADM AVCFOBuilding Services
Posting Date: May 9, 2018
Closing Date: May 23, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sean McBride
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00212371