University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Position #732128 - Requisition 13558
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Human Resources has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) HCM Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
This critical position is responsible for support of the HCM system and its users.
- Responsible for coordinating the UAT (user acceptance testing) process including identifying testers, preparing testers for process, scheduling, communication to testers, script review and submission, and participating in the testing process.
- In partnership with the System team, leads the V&V (verification and validation) process along with other campus SMEs. Ensures that scripts capture system processes prior to UAT testing. Coordinate and participate in off-script testing to ensure campus-specific processes align with requirements.
- Represents campus interests and needs by participating in cross-campus team meetings, module team meetings, and other miscellaneous meetings.
- Position is responsible for creating and delivering training for campus PPLs (payroll personnel liaisons) on current and new functionality. Determines appropriate training method and content based on user needs and feedback from campus change network. Document HCM and related business processes via campus-specific process maps.
- Position works with campus PPLs to troubleshoot system issues. If issue is technical and is reported to HCM_Community, monitors resolution and escalates issues if necessary.
- Drafts and distributes bi-weekly communication e-mail that includes known issues, current initiatives, and updates.
- Creates and reviews technical training documents, manuals and website content.
HCM Security and Corrections
- Partner with HR Principal Professional to gain knowledge of HCM security and correction processes. Position will be primary contact for these items once fully trained.
Position reports to the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $51,000 to $57,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
A bachelor's degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in Human Resources including advanced experience with PeopleSoft HCM or comparable HRIS system, developing and delivering training, and coordinating program logistics.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM or comparable HRIS system which included troubleshooting issues and providing user training.
- Prior higher education experience.
- Prior experience working with multiple, competing priorities.
- Experience creating training based on user needs.
- Experience working with SharePoint software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Customer service commitment.
- Demonstrated commitment to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 15, 2018. Those who do not apply by May 15th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60043 - ADM-AVCHR Administration
Posting Date: May 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00732128