The Area Coordinator is responsible for managing all functions of a residential complex of approximately 600 -1200 students and supervising a staff of undergraduate Resident Assistants (12-18), Undergraduate Desk Assistants (10-25), and an undergraduate Desk Supervisor. The Area Coordinator coordinates complex programs, serves in the on-call rotation, hears student conduct cases, conducts weekly staff and supervisory meetings, responds to emergencies, and serves as a liaison between the Residence Life Office, Campus Operations (including Campus Safety), the Student Affairs Office, and other administrative areas as needed. The Area Coordinator also has a Student Life assignment in one of the following areas: Volunteer Services, Commuter Programming, Intercultural Student Life Programming, and First Year Experience Programming. This position lives in College provided housing.
- Master’s degree in student personnel, counseling, leadership studies, or related field required.
- Experience in Residence Life strongly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a collegiate setting with students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple departmental programs and services concurrently.
- Effective communication, time management, and problem solving skills.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applications should be received by July 1, 2018.