Engineering- Deans Office - 130100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
UNT's College of Engineering offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in various engineering disciplines. The College's innovative curricula are taught by experienced faculty that will equip students with life-long learning skills in order to adapt as the industry changes and remain competitive in a global market.
The Engineering-Dean's Office Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Academic Counselor to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Establishing and implementing programs for students in academic distress, including those on academic alert or returning from suspension.
* Establishing and facilitating student recruitment, success, and retention programs.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree and two years of experience in student affairs, student services, counseling, professional academic advising, or related experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
* Current knowledge of student development and counseling theory.
* Strong presentation, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
* Strong counseling skills including career development and group facilitation.
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work independently.
* Remains active in professional development.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting