Food Service Specialist - Chick Fil A
Food Service Specialist - Chick Fil A
Food Service Specialist - 9mth
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Join the University of North Texas Retail Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Dining Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Food Service Specialist to join our team.
The Food Service Specialist position is a Cook position in the UNT Retail Chick Fil A. These are permanent; full time benefit-eligible position that work 9 months out of the year (September to May) and employees are able to spread their pay for 12 months. Or better yet, employees have the option to work during those, summer months and make more money!
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Following all in house and national brand policies, procedures, and specifications required for brand compliance as per Dining Service and UNT Policy.
* Offer "Great Food and Great Service" to all guest that dine with us. Each guest should be greeted with a smile and quick friendly service.
* Provide exceptional guest service.
* Follow and adhere to all training practices.
Food preparation and layout design:
* Slicing, dicing, chopping, blending, mixing, cutting preparing, cooking, baking, and following all recipes.
* Set up and break down of food service line.
* Hand washing, well-groomed and in complete neat and clean uniform.
* Maintains a clean and organized area of operation, (FIFO) food rotation, (HACCP) temping and recording food on temp log, food quality, and food safety action if needed.
* Take the lead in absent of supervisor.
* Follow all policies, procedures and specifications per assigned food concept. Student training, and inventory.
* Support, enforce and practice UNT policies, procedures and mission statement..
Duties are performed under the supervision of a Food Service Supervisor or Food Service Manager.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
One year experience in institutional or commercial food service. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change).
* Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils.
* Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Chick Fil A experience a plus.
* Great work ethic.
* Outgoing personality.
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting new UNT Union Retail Dining operations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting