Associate Director, Parents Fund
Requisition # 2018-8756
Department Adv-Annual Giving
Category Alumni Relations and Development
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director for the Parents Fund directs the fundraising activities for the Parents Fund at Princeton by coordinating and managing the Parents Committee volunteers including recruitment, training, prospect assignments, targeting and engagement.
The Princeton University Office of Development secures philanthropic support for the University's highest priorities by engaging and stewarding Princeton's alumni, parents, and friends. We rely on strong partnerships with our volunteers and campus partners. Our strategy emphasizes the long view, honoring the relationships nurtured by those who came before us and empowering those who come after us to successfully build on our efforts.
- Manage the fundraising activities for the Parents Fund (plus several alumni class campaigns) and staff and support the Parents Fund volunteer committee.
- Work closely with parent volunteers to coordinate the efforts of the Parents Fund to maximize personal outreach and engagement.
- Recruit, coordinate and motivate Parents Fund volunteers to engage potential donors most effectively.
- Educate Parent Committee volunteers about Princeton fundraising, Annual Giving and the case for supporting Princeton.
- Understand the mission and needs of the University and articulate them effectively to potential donors and volunteers.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Leadership Gifts and Principal Gifts on strategies for comprehensive gift conversations for top rated parent prospects.
- Prepare briefings and other reports for volunteers, campus partners, and the University's files.
- Maintain and update information about donors in files and Development database.
- Use technology effectively to research, organize, analyze and present data.
- Analyze and synthesize data and information gathered from a variety of sources (electronic, printed, and people) in support of Annual Giving programs.
- Produce reports which are clear and cogent and which support planning and decision-making for staff and volunteers.
- Evidence of leadership ability as represented by experience as a fundraiser, project facilitator, trainer, or similar position and effectiveness in working with diverse individuals in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set clear priorities and manage time well; the ability to work independently and make sound judgments about prospects, project management responsibilities, and all other areas of performance without close day-to-day supervision
- The highest standards of professionalism, maturity and performance as evidenced by collaborative teamwork, initiative, critical thinking, good judgment, consistency of output, timeliness of follow-through and strength of written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and command the respect of colleagues, volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to participate meaningfully and creatively in goal setting, long- and short-term strategic planning, and problem-solving
- Exercising discretion at all times, s/he must be able to keep confidential all data related to Princeton and its alumni
- Demonstrated success in motivating people -especially volunteers- and inspiring donors to make annual gifts
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to travel as necessary
- 7-10 years of experience in higher education, University fundraising, Parents fundraising, or volunteer management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Princeton University.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.