Job Description Summary:
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
The Department of Health Policy and Management at the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is seeking a Research Assistant. The Research Assistant would support the Social Mission of Nursing Study. Responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating all administrative tasks
• Facilitating communications with stakeholders
• Assisting with key informant interviews
• Interaction with Advisory Committee, including: assisting with committee nomination process and planning two committee meetings
• Coordinating the solicitation of white papers and selected author contracts
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a BA/BS in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Candidates should possess strong overall computer skills, particularly in Excel and Word;
• Excellent communication, analytic organizational skills;
• Ability to manage complex workload;
• Sharp attention to details and capacity to deliver quality work product within deadlines;
• Self-starter, with ability to work independently and as a member of a team; interest in health equity and workforce issues.
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00 Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: R000539 Job Open Date: 05/09/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter