About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-125
Posting Start Date: 12/6/2017
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities
This position maintains the upkeep all the grounds at Baltimore City Community College. To provide a safe, pleasant and well maintained environment for all students, staff and faculty. Working knowledge of general care of grounds; of technique for cultivating, planting, moving and caring for lawns, gardens, shrubs and trees. Working knowledge of and skills of assigned tools and equipment. Ability to read, write and perform basic numerical calculation. Ability to understand and follow basic written and oral directions and the ability to communicate with a diverse population.
A Groundskeeper is responsible for:
- Responsible for the removal of trash, leaves, refuse derides, from college grounds and buildings;
- Maintain clean work area, repair or replace trash receptacles, clean and repair outdoor furniture, signs fences;
- Perform mowing, trimming, and edging of the college lawns, aerates, irrigates, plants lawns, trees, flowers and shrubs to ensure all landscaping is done with quality and professionally.
- Assist with grounds keeping projects as assigned.
- Responsible for college furniture and office moves and the transfer of property.
- Inventory control associated with supplies, materials, furniture and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- One Year Experience in the Groundskeeper services
- (2+) years' experience Groundkeepers service
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to use snow removal equipment
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.