Coordinator of Special Programs
Functional Title Coordinator of Special Programs
Position Type Administration - Staff
The successful candidate will assist the Dean and the UNCG Online Administrative Team with a variety of administrative and student support services. This position will primarily work with returning adult and military students, supporting UNCG Online's two academic programs (the Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Professional Studies and the Master of Arts in Applied Arts and Sciences), assist in assessment and evaluation of UNCG Online initiatives and support our non-credit continuing education efforts.
Major duties and responsibilities include design, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies and outreach for military affiliates across the U.S. and rural students in North Carolina. Collaborate with internal and external constituents on UNCG Online's effort to support military students and families. Provide selected program assessment and evaluation services for selected UNCG Online programs. Provide support for the Bachelors in Integrated Professional Studies program, as needed. Work with UNCG Online's Administrative Team on efforts to reduce time to degree and graduation rates of undergraduate students. Recruit, mentor and support returning adult students. Support UNCG Online continuing education program efforts in concert with SERVE, Inc. which includes working with UNC Greensboro faculty and staff and external clients.
Minimum qualifications for this position include a Masters Degree in Student Support Services, Higher Education or a related field, 5-10 years of experience in online learning, distance education and/or higher education academic support services and experience with the following:
• Designing and administering continuing education programs for adult professionals
• Advising and mentoring both undergraduate and adult student populations
• Experience with learning management systems such as MOODLE and Canvas
• Student recruitment, mentoring and retention
• Public speaking and communicating with diverse populations
• Transcript evaluation, admission standards, financial aid and other related student services for adult transfer and graduate students
• Designing and teaching online courses
• Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse body of faculty, staff and students
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, in a professional and confidential manner.
• Solutions-oriented, innovative thinker.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and student service skills.
• Highly organized with attention to detail, accuracy and efficient workflow.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Ability to multitask and set priorities.
• Program assessment and evaluation skills.
• Experience with Banner, Starfish and customer relation management systems.
• Previous experience advising adult students and online students.
• Experience collecting, evaluating, interpreting and using data to inform decision making.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $65,000 - $68,047
Org #-Department UNCG Online - 10301
Job Open Date 05/09/2018
For Best Consideration Date 05/23/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu