The Staff Nurse will be responsible for providing patient care specific to disease management/specialization of work area including: skilled assessments, care plans and care plan implementation, evaluations or clinical interventions, and patient education; responsible for telephone triage; and assisting with high level pre-authorizations. This position will also engage in patient and employee satisfaction initiatives; anticipate patient needs; act as a liaison for all providers; and develop collaborative working relationships with all medical providers, students, and staff.
Staff Nurse- Employee Health
H8505:University Health Service/Hosp
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Monday - Friday, 8:30AM-5PM.
The ideal candidate will possess clinical nursing experience with knowledge of professional nursing theory and experience with employee health programs; have direct patient care experience; have the ability manage multiple activities and timelines; have an excellent medical terminology background; be well organized; exceptional communication skills (written & verbal); enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; computer skills (to include Microsoft Office); strong customer service skills; excellent active listening skills; possess high attention to detail; and be dependable.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer one year of experience as a staff RN.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current Kentucky Registered Nurses license or are you eligible to obtain one by date of hire?
- * Please briefly describe your work experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter