The College of Health Sciences is looking for a research associate to assist with live muscle tissue metabolic analysis, study management, support clinical trial activities and provide general lab support to Dr. Travis Thomas's lab.
7N900:HEALTH SCIENCES - CLINICAL SCIENCE
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Ability to remain in a sedentary/standing position for extended periods of time, travel across campus for meetings, and lift up to 25 pounds; ability to utilize computer, mouse, keyboard, and telephone for portions of the day.
Customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of regulatory requirements for human subjects research, knowledge of clinical research, Microsoft Office, facility with Web-based reporting software. Outstanding oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you have working in a non-profit or academic research setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Less than GED/HS
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Please explain your experience in coordinating clinical research studies.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter