Part-time Event Parking Staff
Part-time Event Parking Staff
Position Number: 10058694 & 10058695
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 04/24/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Event Parking Staff. The Event Parking Staff performs a variety of tasks to ensure smooth parking operations during an event, while delivering excellent customer service that exceeds our customer/client's expectations. Depending on the needs of the specific event, the Parking Event Staff are responsible for greeting and assisting guests, directing traffic (flagging), positioning signs, barricades, traffic cones, banners etc. and maintaining a safe environment in the parking lot. This position works closely with fellow Parking & Transportation team members, Event Manager, and/or Campus Police to ensure that customer service & safety standards are met at all times. Event Parking Staff will prepare venue parking for occasions such as concerts, sporting events, or any other event that is hosted at UNG. Ability to work weekends, holidays and nights is required. Work may be in extreme weather conditions and/or outside for long periods at a time. Attends parking lots at events, as appropriate to position, assisting patrons with entering and leaving lots, Ability to handle multiple tasks, and must be willing to take direction and lead by example. Typically works on an on-call basis at specified events.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Position signs, banners, barricades, cones, etc. in parking lots. Attend parking areas at events, as appropriate to position, assisting patrons with entering and leaving lots. Act as traffic controller to direct incoming guests to available parking spaces
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours.
- Perform vehicle counts for assigned area, as required.
- Use respectful communication to assist guests with their questions, problems, and concerns; relay information to Event Manager. Immediately report any accidents, incidents or safety concerns to Event Manager or Campus Police.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures and parking procedures at special events.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, outside for long periods at a time.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and nights; some extending later in the evening than others.
- Ability to move quickly and cover long distances.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.