Functional Title ITC Writer
Position Type Staff
UNCG Online at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is seeking a highly-motivated candidate to work as part of a team to develop content across the Division. The position will be expected to work independently on writing assignments associated with the Division's course development and marketing needs. The ITC should be capable of developing creative concepts and copy while adhering to AP style writing standards.
Major duties and responsibilities include working with faculty and academic departments to develop UNCG's online learning programs, e.g. Ready to Learn and Ready to Teach modules that will help students and instructors be successful in the online learning environment, assist faculty in the planning, design and implementation of instructional activities in the form of distance learning academic credit courses, non-credit seminars, workshops, in-service training programs and problem-solving exercises. Support the Division's overall writing, copyediting and proofreading needs across a variety of projects. Prepare written content, educational and promotional, relevant to a diverse range of target audiences and tailored to a variety of communication channels, including but not limited to Canvas, WordPress, HubSpot, print, radio, TV/video and out-of-home advertising and social media. Develop and distribute surveys to evaluate the effectiveness of student's and faculty's online experience at UNCG. Collaborate with a diverse creative team (internal and external), including but not limited to project managers, designers, multimedia specialists, coders, media buyers, professors and students.
• A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Five (5) years of relevant and progressive work experience
• High proficiency in English language (grammar and spelling)
• Exceptional communication skills (written and oral)
• Demonstrated ability to write compelling copy across a range of writing styles and tones
• Intermediate skills in MS Office applications
• Understanding of AP writing style standards
• Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain great attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $55,000
Org #-Department UNCG Online - 10301
Job Open Date 05/09/2018
Job Close Date 06/08/2018
Open Until Filled No
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu