Athletic Marketing & Promotions Assistant (part-time/temporary)
Job no: 494317
Position Type: Staff Part Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Applications Open: May 09 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
UMass Lowell, a Division I institution with 17 varsity sports and a member of the America East and Hockey East Conferences, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Marketing and Promotions Assistant. The Marketing and Promotions Assistant will develop, implement and manage all promotional efforts for assigned sports including student and community outreach, game day atmosphere and hospitality events.
- Develop, implement and execute a marketing plan for assigned sports, with an emphasis on raising attendance, enhancing in-game promotions and maximizing the fan experience
- Assume overall responsibility for all in-game marketing and promotions associated with assigned home athletic events, to include but not limited to: the production of timelines and public address scripts, incorporation of video boards, organization of in-venue music and time-out coordination with band, cheer and dance, as well as activation of sponsorships
- Establish effective on-campus marketing efforts aimed at increasing student attendance
- Develop and execute a strategy for distributing marketing collateral in the community
- Assist with social media marketing efforts and in-game activation
- Coordinate game-day student marketing staff for promotional activities
- Assist in the management and oversight of 16 student interns
- Coordinate, grow and facilitate all aspects of the Jr. River Hawks Kids Club
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in marketing, business administration or related field
- Prior experience in marketing (athletics or business), game management or promotions
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on a flexible schedule
- Prior marketing experience working directly with coaches and teams
- Effective customer service, communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Experience working with an athletic department and grassroots marketing efforts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.