Senior Assistant to the Dean - Manning School of Business
Job no: 494282
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Deans Office/Manning Sch Busi
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: May 09 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Senior Assistant to the Dean provides direct support to the Dean for the Manning School of Business. On behalf of the Dean, develop and implement policies and procedures, day to day operations, coordinate communications, in support of the Dean's Office, in addition to supporting faculty and staff needs. Provide back-up budget support for the College.
Support the Dean of the Manning School of Business
- Facilitate and support Dean's activities in order to provide smooth day-to-day operations, including communications, and additional administrative functions
- Provide administrative support to the Dean including scheduling of meetings/events, organizing the Dean's calendar, calls and meetings
- Record, distribute and maintain minutes of monthly faculty meetings
- Schedule travel for the Dean's Office
- Provide filing and other secretarial duties
Maintain proactive role in improving the college's programs, processes and events.
- Assist the Dean with documentation and implementation of college strategic initiatives
- Assist in AACSB reporting, data collection, information aggregation and report generation
- Oversight and assistance with college-level event planning
- Oversight of department assistants in coordination with Dean and department chairs
Provide backup support for maintenance and tracking MSB budgets. Provide fiscal analysis as requested to support MSB.
Serve as liaison for the MSB and in consultation with the Dean serve as a resource to faculty and staff.
- Serve as liaison with facilities personnel including preparing work orders
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies for the college
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree required *
- Minimum of five years of experience preferably in a higher education environment.
- *Or Candidates without a Bachelors degree but who had significant related experience of 8-10 years and a HS Diploma/GED or equivalent will be considered
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to work with data (i.e., analysis, tables, graphs, etc.) and creation of reports
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to organize time well, give attention to detail and carry out careful planning and follow-up
- Masters Degree preferred
- Experience using PeopleSoft (HRDirect and SiS), Buyways preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.