User Support Specialist (IHP Staff)
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master’s and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,400 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 5,400 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named for the past six years as a Great College to Work for by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
The User Support Specialist is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and support of the Institute's technology resources including desktop and laptop computers, printers, classroom, lab and simulation resources as directed by the Assistant Director of Information Technology.
This person provides technical support to students, faculty and staff including, but not limited to, installation and repair of the above mentioned resources, equipment setup and operation, general troubleshooting, and software installation.
This individual will work Tuesday through Saturday during the academic semesters. Tuesday through Friday the work hours will be 11:30am through 8:00PM and Saturday will be 8:00AM through 4:30PM. These hours are subject to change to support each semester's course schedule.
Reports directly to the Director of Technology and Web Services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Technology and Web Services, assists with the installation, maintenance, repair and support of hardware, software, and related peripherals. (40%)
- Ensures the maintenance of all computers, printers, learning resources, software, classroom and lab technology and simulation resources (20%)
- Installs upgrades to hardware and software. (15%)
- Makes recommendations regarding upgrades and replacement of technology-related equipment. (5%)
- Operates standard and specialized electronics devices in testing and troubleshooting computers and other technology-related equipment. (15%)
- Attends classes and seminars to enhance knowledge of equipment and operating systems. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology and Web Services.
- Associates degree or higher preferred and 3 or more years of increasingly responsible related experience, preferably in an academic institution.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies Required
- Strong knowledge of computers and related technologies.
- General knowledge of components of local area networks.
- Understanding of mechanical, electronic, and computer principles as applied to the repair and maintenance of computers and peripherals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-MGH IHP
Work Locations: MGH IHP 36 First Avenue Charlestown 02129
Job: Tech. Support
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Evening Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: IHP IS & OPS
Job Posting: May 9, 2018