The Information Technology Department is looking for two Security Analysts. This position requires competency in information security and computer security risk assessment. The primary purpose of this position is to conduct incident response based on investigations of various cyber security threats and risks. The candidate will be expected to have a solid foundation of technical computing and networking experience, data analytical skills and process development and improvement.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Security Operations and will work closely with other UMIT divisions and management personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
(Performs duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision)
• Monitor SIEM and enterprise security appliances related to host and network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
• Perform internal and external security audits, analyze data and security breaches, and perform incident response and forensic investigations.
• Alert/report anomalous activities to respective infrastructure and business owners.
• Assist with the containment, eradication and prevention of incidents affecting the environment.
• Manage requests relating to account authorizations, network and privilege access.
• Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
• Create standard operating procedure (SOP) and standard work procedure (SWP) documents in adherence to security policies and standards of the University.
• Conduct large scale campaigns to harden systems and increase the University’s security posture.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and the ability to multi-task is critical.
• Report on progress and status of all projects and assignments.
• Candidate must be motivated, detail-oriented and work as well in a team environment as on their own.
• Candidate must be willing to learn from and train co-workers.
• Must possess the ability to articulate in written and oral communication.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field required. Equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered.
• Security and Computer Certifications such as A+, Security+ and Network+ are recommended.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100013073
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>