Maintenance Technician I
American River College
Maintenance Technician I
Job Posting Number: C00583P
Salary: $3,887.06 per month
Additional Salary Information Plus shift differential.
Closing Date: May 29, 2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6901
A Maintenance Technician I generally performs semi-skilled work. Although the work performed may require the use of journey-level tools, the skill required in any one field is normally less than would be required of a journey person in that field. Skilled work performed is generally under the direct leadership of a journey person from Facilities Management. [For a detailed job description for this SEIU (Blue Collar) posting posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Operations department.
● Incumbents perform semi-skilled work.
● Maintains and makes repairs or minor alterations, as needed, to furniture, cabinets, and other equipment.
● Removes broken window glass and performs board ups when specialized equipment is not needed.
● Scrapes, sands, prepares surfaces for painting or repairing.
● Removes fixtures.
● Applies finishes to various surfaces such as wood, metal, glass, plaster, stucco, wall boards, brick and cement.
● Cleans and maintains equipment and supplies.
● Makes minor lock repairs.
● Makes minor repairs and adjustments to plumbing equipment and apparatus throughout the district, such as repairing leaking pipes, cleaning plugged drains, flushing sewer lines and replacing fuses, fixtures, socket drop cords, switches, tape, and exposed wiring.
● May assist maintenance crafts in renovation of campus buildings in repairs, installation and alterations on campus.
● Adjusts and maintains switches, electric motors, fans and heaters, clean and maintain HVAC supply and return grilles.
● Use hand and power tools necessary to perform the duties assigned.
● Installs ceiling and floor coverings, chair rails, and baseboards.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation and drug tests. May be subject to random drug testing once employed.
Asbestos certification desirable at time of hire; however, may be obtained within one year of employment with the District.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of semi-skilled building maintenance work.
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.