Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Maintenance & Operations
6/4/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Under the direction, plans, organizes, and supervises the janitorial operations and services for district buildings; oversees preparations for college events; supervises, trains, and evaluates the work performance of assigned maintenance staff; and performs related duties as required.
•	Schedules, prioritizes, assigns and directs the work of personnel on assigned shifts.
•	Supervises, prioritizes, and assigns work to assigned personnel using the college's work order system (School Dude).
•	Establishes an annual plan of scheduled activities to accomplish thorough cleaning of buildings.
•	Inspects work in progress to ensure that it is done in a timely manner and in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
•	Communicates with district staff about routine and special needs; resolves operational and performance issues and conflicts as necessary.
•	Trains and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; interviews and participates in selection, discipline and promotion decisions.
•	Maintains and controls inventory of janitorial equipment and supplies; evaluates and makes recommendations for purchase of new equipment; orders supplies as necessary.
•	Performs related duties as assigned.
•	Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of this would be graduation from high school and three years experience in the upkeep of landscaping and cleaning of buildings, including one year in a lead capacity.
•	Knowledge of:
◦	Principles and techniques of maintaining public buildings in a clean, safe, and sanitary state.
◦	Knowledge of and ability to enforce applicable health and safety regulations.
•	Ability to:
◦	Supervise and direct the activities of assigned staff.
◦	Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish cooperative working relationships with staff, administrators, faculty, students, regulatory agencies, contractors, and others encountered in the course of performing required duties.
◦	Perform a variety of responsible duties related to the supervision of operations maintenance services.
◦	Plan, organize, schedule, assign and review operations work and projects.
◦	Train, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
◦	Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
•	Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of a community college environment.
Working hours:Monday - Friday, 5:00am - 2:00pm. Hours may vary according to the assignment.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
•	Cover Letter
•	Copy of Transcripts(if you are using education to meet the qualifications)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, management position, Level IV, Range 4 of the Management Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A, $5,240/month. Effective date of employment will be as soon as a successful candidate is selected and a mutually agreed upon date is determined.Excellent benefits include: health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligibledependents; and retirement coverage through the California Public Employees' Retirement System(PERS).
To Apply, visit: