Assistant to the Chair, Marketing Department
- Office Management, Administrative, Customer Experience Provide reception and assistance to Chair.
- Answer email queries.
- Manage all aspects of mail: distributes mail to the appropriate recipients in a timely and correct manner.
- Manage office area including interface with visitors, students, faculty, and the public.
- Keep the office area professional, neat, clean, organized and running smoothly on a daily basis including the copier/printer areas.
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic files by business function, curriculum and faculty member.
- Manage and update department calendar in Outlook Coordinate and plan faculty meetings and events including sending Outlook invitations for such activities to the appropriate audience.
- Manage all office supply orders.
- Work cooperatively with management department office assistant to efficiently run kitchen.
- Maintain gift/gift bag/tissue inventory for guests; assembled in advance of quarter.
- Request parking passes as needed for guests and events.
- Request University Technology Services (UTS) support as needed, keeping track of requests to support problem resolution by UTS.
- Supervise graduate assistants, managing work reports by faculty and by student, keeping track of student work hours weekly and cumulatively.
- Recruit and manage small number of student work study assistants, monitoring their work hours and approving their time sheets.
- Provide administrative support to degree programs.
- Budget/Financials: Responsible for monitoring the departmental budget including: direct pays, p-card reconciliations, requisitions, contract routing and purchase order processing.
- Reconcile fund accounts, gifts, and expenses with original support documents and in the Banner system.
- All purchases are mapped directly to the budget and variances from budget are reported to the department chair in a timely manner.
- Expense reports are thorough, explaining precisely what the expense was and the appropriate account to which it should be charged.
- P-card purchases are reconciled with receipts each month in a timely manner.
- Vendor invoices are paid on time Monitor and update department gift records and original advancement documents.
- Support the scholarship award process including interaction with other faculty and staff to ensure the process is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor fund accounts and highlight discrepancies to Chair.
- Prepare personnel and payroll forms for staff and faculty, accurately and on time.
- Faculty Support: Provide clerical assistance to Faculty as needed in a timely manner. Assists with the on boarding of new adjunct faculty and informs them of relevant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting faculty with course management which can include: ordering books and course materials, ensuring that class schedules are accurate and continuously updated and monitored for enrollment as appropriate.
- Assist faculty with academic material which involves reviewing, editing, and drafting academic material as well as copying and typing academic material (exams, etc.) as needed.
- Support faculty by answering software questions and assist faculty as needed to assure both software and hardware are working properly.
- Ensure faculty have loaded all course syllabi into Canvas and post syllabi to Y drive in a timely manner, generally 2 weeks prior to the start of the quarter.
- Director/Chair Support: Provides clerical assistance to Chair as needed in a timely manner.
- Maintain department calendar, schedule meetings and make travel arrangements for Chair.
- Assist Chair with specialized reports by collecting the proper data/information.
- Assist the Chair in the communication of any policies, procedures, requirements, deadlines, etc. to all Faculty as appropriate.
- Maintain student lists and mailing lists quarterly including graduates, majors, and minors.
- Maintain alumni contacts, friends of department contacts, student contacts, faculty contacts in Outlook.
- Faculty recruitment: Work with Chair to create posting advertisements.
- Assist the search committee during interview and selection process.
- Collect information to be used in quarterly department electronic newsletter.
- Organize, and distribute newsletter to appropriate lists.
- Any other duty deemed appropriate and necessary by the Chair Other Duties as Assigned Alumni duties, maintenance of mailing lists Event planning not described above.
- Update department monitor weekly to assure currency in promoting events and department successes
- Supervise student employees
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years' work experience in office support role
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years' work experience in office support role within a university setting
- Experience in technical writing, graphic design, marketing, and project management
- Outstanding business, professional, and/or academic/technical writing skills
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about this position, please contact hiring supervisor name at hiring supervisor email address.