To provide responsible supervisory and technical skills for the distribution, oversight, and maintenance of supplies and equipment in departmental laboratories.
Responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the operations of scientific teaching laboratories and maintaining thorough knowledge of safety regulations, and departmental/university regulations, policies, and procedures.
PLEASE NOTE; There are two openings one in Edinburg, TX and One in Brownsville, TX. Please see links below.
• Supervises teaching assistants, lab instructors and other lab personnel in academic science labs, technology labs, service delivery labs, or clinical labs.
• Depending on the type of lab being supervised, will perform one or more of the following duties:
• Schedules lab sections for teaching assistants/lab instructors.
• Prepares training modules and training evaluation materials.
• Designs lab lay-out, schedule or perform lab set-ups and tear-downs.
• Maintains, inspects and supervises laboratory classrooms for safety regulation compliance, security, and equipment maintenance.
• Coordinates reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.
• Ensures proper labeling of chemicals and proper disposal of chemicals, broken glassware and laboratory specimens.
• Recommends equipment purchases for labs.
• Maintains equipment, supplies and chemicals inventory and order as needed.
• Oversees completion of employment paperwork for laboratory instructors and employees.
• Maintains participant records.
• Develops laboratory syllabi.
• May perform other duties as assigned.