Chief Contracts Officer, HS
Chief Contracts Officer, HS-1801199
Brief Description of Duties:The Chief Contracts Officer works with the 6 Health Sciences Schools ( Schools of Medicine, Dental, Social Welfare, Nursing, Health Technology and Pharmacy)in providing counseling in reviewing and approving all student affiliation agreements.
- Administer the HS Schools affiliation agreements process. Initiate, review and negotiate agreements, identify issues of concern, risks and conflicts. Obtain insurance, get authorized approval. Maintain a record of executed contracts. Maintain a record and log of outstanding contracts that the incumbent is aware of and is in the process of working on. Act as the liaison with Office of General Counsel for the health sciences schools, medical school and teaching hospital contract issues. Develop templates where appropriate to standardize agreements across the medical education enterprise. Provide support and assist departmental residency coordinators/ program directors in initiation, execution and administration of GME program and institutional agreements.
- Serve as the HIPAA Privacy liaison for the health sciences schools. Assist the HIPAA Privacy/Security Officer in ensuring that all off-site facilities employees and students of the health sciences schools and school of medicine are aware of HIPAA compliance requirements, where applicable. Review Business Associates agreements; identify issues of concern, risks and conflicts. Remain current on changes related to HIPAA regulations and report to HIPAA Privacy/Security Officer on issues. Represent the Health Sciences and serve as a member of the university-wide HIPAA committee.
- As requested, provide support and assistance to HS Schools regarding academic discipline issues and processes/procedures. Research issues as assigned, and if necessary consult with Office of General Counsel. As requested participate in/advise on hearings and post hearing appeal processes.
- Review and negotiate Data Use agreements for the Health Science Schools and the Graduate Program in Public Health. Identify issues of concern, risk and conflicts.
- Perform related projects and other duties as assigned by the Associate VP/Vice Dean for Finance and Administration in consultation with Vice Dean for Graduate Medical Education.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
About Stony Brook:Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Associate for University Financial Analysis
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Vice President, HSC-Stony Brook University
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 AM - 5:00 PMVice President, HSC-Stony Brook University
Posting Start Date: May 8, 2018
Posting End Date: May 22, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary Grade: MP4