Program Manager, Events and Special Programs
The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder is inviting applications for a Program Manager, Events and Special Programs. The Program Manager will work on a broad array of critical Advancement projects and tasks, and may provide functional guidance to interns and student workers. Duties and tasks reflect variety and complexity, and require either the direct or indirect supervision of assigned programs and projects. This position serves as part of the department's donor and alumni relations team (DART) and works in close coordination with the Program Director overseeing donor relations, alumni relations, events, communications and annual giving. Responsibilities include planning, logistics and coordination for donor and alumni relations events and programs, as well as effective management of the gift acknowledgement process for the College of Arts and Sciences, Graduate School and Conference on World Affairs and management of donor and alumni relations communication efforts. The program manager may work with the department manager to develop and manage program budgets and will serve as organization representative on task forces and committees.
Who we are:
The College of Arts and Sciences is the first and largest college at the university, and conducts research, scholarship, creative work and education in more than 60 fields across the natural sciences, social sciences and arts and humanities.
Our research generates new knowledge, solving some of the world's most critical problems. The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education, bringing world-class research and scholarship to our students, both in and out of the classroom.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Design and execute donor and alumni events, covering all aspects of event planning. Create event staffing plans and direct the activities of those staff and volunteers assigned to assist with the event.
- Manage and regularly update acknowledgement process for College of Arts and Sciences, Graduate School and Conference on World Affairs.
- Determine appropriate nominee(s) for annual alumni awards. Write nomination(s) and coordinate gathering of other materials needed to submit nomination(s).
- Create formal program to document DART and annual giving leads and assign those leads to appropriate Development Officer.
- Submit and track donor and alumni story ideas for internal and external publication.
- Writing content for internal release.
- Manage and track gift program for donors and alumni.
- Manage and deliver new programs designed to increase alumni engagement and to deepen donors' ties to CU and the College of Arts and Sciences and the Graduate School.
- May create, revise and implement marketing plan to enhance communication related to program. Lead the effort to create materials (such as lists, labels, signs, etc.) necessary to market program. This may consist of correspondence, composing and maintaining external lists, internal documents and processes.
- Follow guidelines from the department manager regarding budgeted expenses associated with subject program and events. Review "budget-to-actual" status on a monthly basis and notify management of any significant concerns. Review effectiveness of program and make suggestions for modification and improvement.
- Perform administrative tasks which may consist of correspondence, composing and maintaining external lists, internal documents and processes.
- Utilize appropriate databases for tracking program participants and prospective participants.
- Assume special projects as requested by senior management.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $50,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Innovative. Be Engaged. Be Visionary. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in project management.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience planning and managing advancement projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; donor database management software.
What you will need:
- Expert ability to establish and enhance interpersonal relationships, including ability to coordinate and manage volunteers.
- Expert communications skill both oral and written.
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in fast paced environment.
- Solid ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and collaboration with all levels of customers.
- Solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database management software.
- Solid ability to effectively manage third party relationships.
- Personal computer proficiency required, especially as related to the software referenced above. Computer skills may be subject to testing/verification.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience planning and managing donor relations projects or events.
- Experience planning and managing alumni relations projects or events.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 17, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13544.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: May 8, 2018
Closing Date: May 17, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Position Number: 00745632