Join our team at the University of Colorado Boulder as a Medical Assistant in the student health center! We are currently accepting applications for this position on our beautiful campus located just minutes from the mountains in sunny Boulder, Colorado.
Who we are:
Wardenburg Health Services staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services in several on-campus locations. The Wardenburg Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including, but not limited to: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.
As a Medical Assistant at CU Boulder, you will receive excellent benefits including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave 10 paid holidays Medical, vision, and dental insurance Life insurance Tuition reimbursement EcoPass for free RTD rides An unparalleled retirement plan
As a Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for performing both front and back office duties. Duties may include obtaining patient's chief complaint, significant medical history, allergies, current medications, family medical history, and vital signs. You will also perform basic office procedures; referral placement and follow-up; ordering labs; ordering and stocking medical supplies; and implementing provider's plan of treatment through assisting in direct patient care procedures. In addition to clinical assisting, this position will be responsible for some admin duties such as answering phones and scheduling.
Our openings in the Wardenburg Medical Clinic are full-time (40 hours per week) during the academic year and part-time (up to 32 hours per week) in the summer. Hours are Monday-Friday; 8 hour shifts with an occasional Saturday rotation.
We are seeking customer-oriented people with a strong work ethic to reflect reliability, self-motivation, and a positive attitude. Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills are required. You will need to be able to function with minimal supervision on a daily basis.
What we can offer:
Hourly Salary starting at: $17.50 if certified ($17.00 if not yet certified).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged . Be supportive . Be impactful . Be Boulder.
What we require:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited institution and eligibility to obtain Medical Assistant registration/certification within six months of hire
- Must have a current BLS card/certification or ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire
What you will need:
The successful candidate will possess/demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of basic Medical Assisting duties
- The position requires basic functional computer skills (experience of Windows based systems)
What we'd like you to have:
- Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as:
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Experience and knowledge in Medicat (EMR) Experience and knowledge in front and back office procedures
- Experience working in a fast paced medical clinic
- Ability and the initiative to anticipate providers' needs for upcoming appointments
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 20, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13416
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10450 - Wardenburg Health Center
Posting Date: May 8, 2018
Closing Date: May 20, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00741698