Website Content Designer (Professional Temporary)
University of Colorado - College of Engineering
Nature of Work
As the Website Content Designer, you will work closely with a project manager and content writer(s) to build the College of Engineering and Applied Science website in Sitefinity. You will create pages and determine page layouts based on content and site goals. The Website Content Designer must have an eye for design and effective page layout, be detailed oriented and work well in a team environment. You will collaborate with the project manager to ensure website goals are being met. You will also be responsible for all site testing and the validation new software features as a part of the creation of the website.
Examples of Work Performed
- Work with the project manager to ensure timely and targeted website completion in alignment with the execution of the CMS transition plan
- Lead the creation of site pages and content layout utilizing best practices
- Log bugs and feedback regarding the CMS when necessary
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in content, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ensure appropriate involvement of departments throughout the program (Information Architecture, User Experience, User Interface, Design Development, Quality Assurance, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Media Design, Graphic Design, Visual Arts or related field
- Experience building websites using a Content Management System
- Understanding of User Experience practices and principles
- Experience with Sitefinity
- Experience with GatherContent
- Experience in an academic setting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve challenges in a timely, professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and flexible work style
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to dive into software products and serve as a subject matter expert
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, marketing and social media
- Strong creativity and visual design skills
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 13452
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30071 - College of Engineering
Posting Date: May 8, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Erica Lefeave
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00705707