Administrative Assistant III
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology
Administrative Assistant III
Position # 00725078 - Requisition 12804
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Division of Hematology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant III position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Examples of Work Performed
- Responsible for archiving of research studies per department policy as requested by clinical research manager by coordinating with Iron Mountain for records storage.
- Schedule meetings and prepare required materials (includes ordering food and reserving rooms).
- Assist faculty with tracking of Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- Act as the liaison for facilities, pager, and phone
- Purchase and track supplies, faculty renewals, registrations and business cards
- Maintain travel card to authorize expenses for candidate recruitment visits
- Responsible for expense reimbursements for division faculty and staff by creating and/or assisting with the creation of expense reports to reconcile charges on procurement cards and submit reimbursement requests through Concur.
- On a weekly basis support the Grand Rounds meetings (September through May) which includes Grand Rounds schedule, CE paperwork, weekly flyers, maintenance of distribution list, sign in sheet and records of attendance, scheduling conference rooms, arranging equipment and disbursing materials.
- Assist faculty with travel needs by coordinating travel arrangements such as booking airfare, hotel and rental cars when necessary for attendance and conference both in and out of state. Act as a resource providing information to faculty and staff members who create their own travel itineraries and arrangements.
- Update Amion with Attending schedule (including updates to SharePoint calendar) and provide Out of Office Coverage for faculty
- Course Coordinator - Hematology Elective
- Assist Division Chair and Medical Director with their calendars and meetings
- Plan and facilitate events for guest speakers, retreats, recruitment candidates, and division official functions.
- Create agendas for division meetings and when applicable take minutes.
- Mail for RC2, Building 500, HCTU, CU Medicine and Education 2
- Assist HCTU Operations Manager with administrative tasks
- Other work as assigned
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
• 3 years of general administrative experience.
• Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Associates degree (or higher degree) in business, finance, accounting or related field
• At least two (2) years of experience at an academic institution.
• Experience with University of Colorado finance systems (i.e. Concur, Marketplace)
• Experience with booking travel arrangements (airfare, hotel, rental cars, etc).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage an office in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to establish priorities and meet competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Lynette Brandon at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20164 - SOM-MED-BoneMarrow Transplant
Posting Date: Mar 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lynette Brandon
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00725078