DIRECTOR OF TALENT, RECRUITMENT, AND ENGAGEMENT
JOB NO.: 94438-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: G SERV/HUMAN RES/LTD
Categories: Dean, Director, Executive, Human Resources, Payroll, Management/Supervisory, Training, Employee Development
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 94438-LI
Working Title: Director of Talent, Recruitment, and Engagement
Official Title: ASST DIR. HUMAN RESOURCES/L(L54LL)
Hiring Department: A022050-GENERAL SERVICES/OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES/LTD
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 01, 2018
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required - Preferred emphasis in business/management/human resources/public administration or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Required: 10 or more years of professional human resources experience with at least 5 years focus on talent recruitment.
- Knowledge of current and emerging practices and issues related to: onboarding, performance management, and employee engagement and inclusion strategies desired
- Demonstrated skill leading by developing others, valuing diversity and differences, and building and maintaining relationships
- Experience managing / supervising professional staff
- Working knowledge of US laws and regulations related to human resources
- Experience working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Experience managing projects and vendor relationships
License or certificate:
Professional certifications/designations/licenses preferred: Human Resources (e.g., IPMA-HR Certified Professional, Professional in Human Resources PHR, Senior Professional in Human Resources SPHR, SHRM-Certified Professional).
The Director of Talent Recruitment and Engagement (TRE) is responsible for talent recruitment and acquisition strategies that positively strengthen the organization's capabilities to attract, develop, and retain "best-in-class" talent for staff and faculty positions. This position requires the incumbent to roll up their sleeves and oversee day-to-day recruiting in a resource lean environment, and has the ability to see the big picture and improve upon process, structure, and strategy. Knowledge of new employee onboarding, employee engagement, and performance management best practices is also essential to this role. This director will provide consultation, advice, counsel, and guidance to senior leadership and the decentralized human resources environment.
UW-Madison has more than 21,000 faculty and staff located in 32 colleges, schools, and divisions. Employees work in a wide variety of occupations in a multi-lingual, multi-shift environment. This is a key leadership position that supports the human resource programs that allow the university to attract, hire, develop, engage, and retain talent in a diverse environment. The Director reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition and Retention in the Office of Human Resources.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading the strategic planning direction and execution of the University's talent recruitment, assessment and selection functions, including onboarding, performance management, and employee engagement activities;
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a diversity strategy to help drive the highest levels of productivity and
engagement within UW-Madison's efforts to attract and retain diverse employee population;
- Developing, implementing, communicating, maintaining, and evaluating all faculty and staff recruitment and engagement programs for UW-Madison;
- Managing all talent recruitment and acquisition functions including processes/standards development, budget management, vendor management, candidate assessment processes/tools, applicant tracking system technology, business partnerships, innovation, and metrics across the unit; and
- Managing Talent Recruitment and Engagement team with positive leadership.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your educational and professional experience related to recruitment and acquisition, candidate assessments, and employee engagement and inclusion activities. Also provide your experience managing and supervising staff as well as addressing the other expectations outlined in the position description.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: May 8 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jun 5 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time