Close Date: 05/23/2018
Description: The University of Illinois Foundation (Foundation) is the official fundraising and private gift-receiving organization of the University of Illinois (University). It works closely with alumni and friends, faculty and staff, corporations and foundations, as well as campus development professionals to create fundraising programs and opportunities that benefit the University.
The Foundation has an opening for a Communications Specialist. They will be responsible for developing external and internal communications to advance the University of Illinois and the University of Illinois Foundation among potential and current donors. Providing support to the office of the University of Illinois Foundation President/CEO. Working closely with UI and UIF colleagues, this position creates communication to achieve the organizational objectives and established procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and updates donor acknowledgement/donor relation materials and standardized correspondence for UIF President and UIF leadership.
- Drafts personal correspondence, presentations and speeches for UIF President/CEO with the assistance of the President's Executive Assistant.
- Participates in strategic and creative planning on behalf of UIF President's Office.
- Represents UIF President's Office among University communications professionals.
- Reviews daily gift receipt reports generated from the Foundation's Gift Administration office; composes and prepares draft correspondence to acknowledge gift donation under UIF President's name.
- Serves as back-up to Executive Assistant.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Foundation President/CEO or Executive Assistant.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English, public relations or related field; and three (3) years of writing and editing experience in communications and marketing.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide-variety of individuals, including the University of Illinois advancement community.
- Excellent writing, editing and grammatical skills for print.
- Proficient skills in project management, organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively, abstractly and concretely.
- Knowledge of higher education advancement and fundraising.
- Broad knowledge of communication principles
- Ability in establishing and maintaining effective external and internal working relationships, i.e., Foundation leadership and staff, University leadership and Board of Trustees Office, advancement officers, communications professionals, the media, University donors/alums, and communication and marketing vendors.
- Excellent judgment, initiative and reliability.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with typical office software, such as Microsoft Office programs.
Competitive benefit package and compensation commensurate with experience. Comprehensive background check including but not limited to a criminal conviction and credit check will be conducted.
Application Deadline: May 23, 2018
Application Process: For full consideration for the role, all candidates must complete an online application and include a resume and cover a letter. Candidates may create a profile through https://jobs.uif.uillinois.edu. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Foundation Human Resources at [email protected].
THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS FOUNDATION
IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER