Recruiting Operations Coordinator - Football
Recruiting Operations Coordinator - Football
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; evenings/weekends
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Recruiting Operations Coordinator - Football to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Participate in all practices and team-related events.
* Coordinates practice visits for our recruits and their families.
* Explains practice script and flow to recruits and why coaches are doing certain drills.
* Host recruits and their families on game day; assist on sidelines with personnel management and credential placement.
* Plan and run pre-game program for the recruits and families.
* Assist recruits in meeting their area coach, position coach, and the Head Coach.
* Assist with all day-to-day recruiting responsibilities to include football athlete evaluation and prospect management.
* Participate in all coaches meetings and assist with play design/development for incoming players.
* Admission's liaison for all paperwork for incoming signees.
* Identifying/Evaluating Prospects with our coaching staff for recruiting purposes.
* Current team roster management and incoming signees roster management.
* Maintain NCAA Recruiting Calendar (Evaluation and Contact Dates).
* Create a plan for all coaches going on the road recruiting in regards to the schools they will visit and provide relevant player information as needed.
* Customize offer and commit letters and all other mail outs/graphics to prospects.
* Liaison with compliance office for all recruiting aspects.
* Update and Maintain all recruiting boards and spreadsheets.
RECRUITING VISIT WEEKENDS
* Responsible for all NCAA processes and paperwork for recruiting visits.
* Create Itinerary for the coaches and prospects for Recruiting Weekends.
* Coordinate travel for recruits who will be on visit and create rooming list.
* Communicate information to the recruits and families coming in on a visit.
* Set up all hotel accommodations and meals for the weekend.
* Follow-up with academics, athletic training, strength and conditioning about their role in recruiting visits.
* Track all recruiting expenses for recruiting visits and coaches on the road.
NCAA ELIGIBIILITY/RULE LIAISON
* Monitors/Assist incoming recruits and families to make sure they are getting their information to admissions and the NCAA.
* Evaluates potential recruits and junior college transfers; completes film review and whiteboard exercises with coaching staff.
* Meets directly with the coaches about recruits attending and the process of meeting with them and their families.
* Run program, presentations, and social media for Junior Day.
* Assist getting the itinerary and information out to prospects attending.
* Appraise prospects during event and participate in coaches meetings/evaluations.
SUMMER FOOTBALL CAMPS
* Co-Camp Director.
* Works directly with Coaches and prospects attending the camp.
* Observes recruits and reports back to the coaching staff about their evaluation.
* Coordinates registration and fields inquiries and questions from prospects about the camps.
* Serve as a liaison to high school and club coaches as needed.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in coaching in respective sport at Intercollegiate Division I Level.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree; Division I Intercollegiate Athletics recruiting experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting