Leasing Coordinator - University Housing ( A1800280 )
University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for a Leasing Coordinator position for University Housing at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Leasing Coordinator serve as the primary contact for apartment applicants during the year and prior to their arrival on campus. Major responsibilities include coordinating assignments, resident and guest arrival and departure activities, billing, resident communication, and service delivery within the Family & Graduate Housing apartment community.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward our vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all of our students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate occupancy management tasks and service delivery including application, assignment, transfer, renewal and termination processes.
- Facilitate and manage leasing process and serve as the primary contact for leasing information. Responsible for managing high level strategic planning tasks, analyzing issues that arise and making recommendations for improvements. Also responsible for responding to inquiries in a timely manner to ensure maximum occupancy throughout the year.
- Effectively utilize housing management system database for application management, and assignments. Troubleshoot problems and work with the technology staff (StarRez Product Manager) to resolve issues.
- Interpret and resolve leasing, policy, and billing disputes with special attention to FERPA guidelines. Exercise complex decision making skills related to appeals and complaints.
- Provide applicants and residents with information regarding the University and the community using newsletters, mass emails and other mediums of communication.
- Coordinate check-in and check-out processes: evaluate procedures, update related check-in and check-out materials for residents, and provide staff training.
- Coordinate billing, respond to billing questions, and monitor delinquent accounts. Coordinate apartment key inventory: account for all apartment keys, conduct semi-annual key inventory, track returned keys and investigate when keys are not returned in a timely manner.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities including development and revision of policies and procedures, correspondence, publications, and web site content.
- Respond to rent verification requests and coordinate record retention and disposal.
- Recruit, select, train, supervise, and evaluate summer student support staff.
- Serve as the Family & Graduate Housing liaison with other Housing units and Campus departments. Represent/speak on behalf of University Housing at various admissions/recruiting events throughout the year. Some events may be held in the evening or on weekends.
- Participate in staff meetings, training, and development.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the daily operations of the leasing office. Facilitate or mediate positive interpersonal interaction between staff and provide a model for maintaining a positive work environment.
- Serve on search committees for other Family & Graduate Housing vacancies as needed.
Master's degree. Minimum of two years of professional experience in one of the following areas is required: education, customer service, hospitality, housing/leasing, or a related field. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with and appreciate people from diverse backgrounds. Excellent problem solving skills to address difficult and complex issues. Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet stringent deadlines and handle unexpected matters of urgency. Ability to work independently and pursue innovative solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with marketing and public relations proficiencies. Attention to detail with precision in executing administrative tasks. Strong customer service skills and ability to effectively resolve conflicts using conflict management skills. Demonstrated proficient technology skills using various types of software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Publisher, Excel, Project, etc.), databases, and the Internet. Proven ability to exercise good judgment and discretion as well as make decisions independently.
Master's degree in education, business, communication or a related field. Experience working in a student affairs setting. Professional experience with international students and/or graduate students.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by May 28, 2018. Please contact a member of the Housing Human Resources team at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Leasing Coordinator - University Housing ( A1800280 )
Open Date: 05/07/2018
Close Date: 05/28/2018
Organization Name: FGH-Admin